dapperQ is the primer style and empowerment website for masculine presenting women and trans-identified individuals. Dubbed GQ for the “unconventionally masculine,” dapperQ was among the first digital spaces to champion “menswear” for those traditionally under-served by mainstream menswear media and designers. dapperQ produces wide-ranging original content and events for which it has received media coverage in The New York Times, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post, and The Washington Post, to name a few. Our full list of press coverage is listed here.
In the words of our owner and Editor-in-Chief Anita Dolce Vita:
dapperQ does have a fashion focus. But, more importantly, it serves as a vehicle to explore style as a social construct, providing our readers and writers with a safe space to document and discuss how gender role expectations, particularly with respect to gender identity and expression, shape who we are as individuals and as a community. dapperQ is a queer fashion revolution, one of the most stylish forms of protest of our generation.
If you are new to the site, here’s what you should check out next:
- Why dapperQ? – A message from our founder about the inspiration and story behind dapperQ.
- Ownership Transition Statement – A message from our founder about Anita Dolce Vita’s formal acquisition of dapperQ.
- Vimeo page – A collection of our original videos documenting street fashion, interviews, “How-To” instructions, and performance art.
- Photo + Video – Our archive of fashion editorials, “How-To” videos, and event/street fashion shoots.
- News + Interviews – Articles about and interviews with members of our community.
- Goods – Designers, brands, apparel, and accessories that our contributors are obsessing over. We even have an eco-friendly section!
- Style + Advice – An archive of answers to your most challenging fashion quandaries.
- Empowerment – Articles, personal essays, opinion pieces, and artist spotlights that provide support and inspiration for our readers.
- A Washington Post article by Monica Hesse that gives us a nod.
- Come play with us! Friend dapperQ on Facebook! Tweet us @dapperQ! Subscribe! Just join the conversation! Welcome…