Being a stylish dapperQ can sap your wallet bone dry, what with all the tailoring and alterations often needed to achieve the perfect fit. So, here’s a short list of retail stores that offer complimentary standard (BASIC – not complex work) alterations:
- Brooks Brothers: “Basic alterations on unfinished trouser hems are available at no charge for online and catalog orders. You may enter alteration information in the Trouser Alterations area on the product page.”
- Club Monaco: “We understand that fit is just as important as design, so we offer complimentary basic alterations on regular-price merchandise purchased in our stores and online.”
- Hugo Boss: “Enjoy complimentary alterations in-store on all full price online purchases.”
- Nordstrom: “Select services are free on full-priced merchandise.”
- Ralph Lauren: “We offer complimentary alterations on full-price men’s suits and Collection apparel in select Ralph Lauren stores.”
- Saks Fifth Avenue: “Many of the most common and basic alterations are provided as a courtesy on full price garments.”
- Uniqlo: Select stores offer complimentary hemming for pants $20 or more. Contact your local Uniqlo store to see if it offers these services.
Or, you can just go to your local thrift store, pick up a couple of inexpensive button-downs, grab a bottle of wine or some herbal tea, and do your own alterations at home. Now that’s savings!