The Weekend Soiree, a travel retreat for dope, queer womxn, is returning for their second annual gathering in New Orleans following their highly successful inaugural 2018 retreat in Denver. This retreat is like no other and reflects the diverse interests of our community. While many destination events geared towards queer womxn focus solely on parties, The Weekend Soiree offers full experiential, immersive, and multi-sensory events that include parties in addition to comprehensive, multi-faceted experiences in professional development; health and wellness; and the arts. Each year, the retreat is held in a different city, allowing attendees to also expand their travel experiences.
The 2019 star-studded retreat, held Halloween Weekend in the Big Easy from October 31 – November 3, includes an impressive lineup of notable guests from fashion influencers to DJs and comedians to activists. Among the talent include Amber’s Closet; AzMarie Livingston from Empire and America’s Next Top Model; Carter the Body; Anita Dolce Vita, publisher of dapperQ; bklyn boihood; and many more. (Click here for a full list of talent.)
The four day retreat has expanded to add exciting new programming, including:
- Halloween Weekend! Their Signature parties will three different takes on Halloween;
- Co-hosted with Amber’s Closet;
- Introducing three different workshop tracks – Enrich, Experience, and Expand. Expand – stimulate your mind with powerful discussions ranging from professional and community, to financial, entrepreneurship, and everything in between! Enrich – Dig deep as you get immersed in our emotional, spiritual, and physical-based programming including sexuality, meditation, and yoga. Experience – put your creativity to the test with this Experiential track featuring passion painting, New Orleans style cooking classes and Sensual Soap making
- Group Psychic Reading by Lakara with the Gift;
- Scavenger Hunt;
- Family Planning Panel;
- Weekender Village – featuring healers, LGBTQ businesses, and bar;
- Bounce Fitness with Moe Joe;
- Bubbles and Bites champagne and breakfast bites lead by Lez Noire out of Houston; and
- Creepy Carnivale Party hosted by Haux Hive (from DC).
Of course, some of their programming favorites from their inaugural retreat are back for another great time:
- Workout Bootcamp with Carter the Body;
- Passion Painting with The Muses;
- All Queer Womxn Comedy Showcase;
- Couples Trivia and Singles Mixer; and
- Sunset BBQ.
Co-founder of The Weekend Soiree, Imani “Grant” Grant, states, “For me, The Weekend Soiree is diversity. Not diversity across us but the diversity within each of us. Our programming reflects our varied interests and our many facets. I strongly believe in having fun in whatever we endeavor to do, that’s reflected in The Weekend Soiree.” Co-founder Mary “MDot” Fuller adds, “I felt there needed to be an opportunity for like-minded people to come together to not only connect and unwind, but also to learn and explore new cities while expanding their tribes.”