1. Selecting the right cologne is muy importante for dapperQ’s. (Unlike looks we curate from a variety of elements, our cologne stands on its own merits — or not.)
2. When your best bud steals your scent — shout out to ABS — you have to give it up. Because even if you don’t often hang together, your scent has to be uniquely your own.
3. There is a two-year time limit on Rule #2 (ABS — you have been served notice that I just picked the Gucci–Gucci by Pour Homme back up today.)
4. I get olfactorially overwhelmed at Sephora.
5. Just found the store’s Scentsa computer which enables me to search by things like ‘cederwood’ in my futile search for the Hermes frangrance I wore for years. Was underwhelmed by 2 of several choices — Wood by DSquared2 and a Guerlain’s Homme.
6. But intrigued by Scenta’s “state-of-the-art, custom program developed especially for Sephora stores is the brainchild of Jan Moran, noted fragrance expert and author of the Fabulous Fragrances book series.”
7. Sephora in Union Square wouldn’t give me a quick video interview but the scent expert did inform that YSL is a go-to option for dapperQ’s.
What do you wear? How do you figure it out? What happens when you get it right?