If you have made your way to dapperQ you are, by definition, an explorer. I’ll bet you were born coloring outside the lines. You understand at some very essential level that it is both a responsibility and a privilege to express your unique sense of self. If you don’t do it, who will?
Fashion is simply one more way we fight the good fight. It’s one more way we manifest ourselves with purpose in the world.
dapperQ is for anyone who wants to make any element of men’s fashion truly their own. It’s for all who have been discouraged — in a million and one subtle and not-so-subtle ways — from gleaning for self-expression from the rich and robust universe pioneered over centuries by dapper gents and today reflected in glossies such as GQ, Details and Vogue for Men. In the voice of dapperQ’s founder,
For us, fashion is not seen as an end. It is, instead, a means to expressing our ever-evolving capacity to advance change in a world that sorely needs it. It is intended not only as information but as inspiration for those of us simply dressing to fight the good fight each day.
If you are new to the site, here’s what you should check out next:
- Why dapperQ? from Susan Herr, Transgressor-in-Chief
- Our Vimeo page hosts street fashion vids, interviews with some hot dapQs, and feature pieces.
- Our photo section. See dapQ features, snap shots, and all the hotness.
- A Washington Post article by Monica Hesse that gives us a nod.
- Come play with us! Friend dapperQ on Facebook! Tweet us @dapperQ! Subscribe! Just join the conversation!